Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Day 42

I have a lot of catching up to do... frankly... I just haven't been home. I haven't installed the new trial of Photoshop because I didn't want to waste it on days I knew I wouldn't use it... So I suspect Thursday or Friday we'll see some substantial updates around here.

Last night I was thinking about how I'd like to get a studio lighting kit- try out portrait photography... it's not exactly a cheap endeavor... but what it comes down to is that I'd like to find a career that I love and that I can take with me wherever I go.

I definitely wish that I had pursued the photography thing when I was in high school and in the higher education track. I took a photography class, but I had a harder time and spent more of it trying to get the film canisters open in the dark rooms than I did learning about aperture and burning and dodging. I wish I had taken ANY art classes in high school.

I'm going to look at QVCC right now and see if there are any photography classes available... it's hard because of the job thing... and what if I get a job- I can't finish the class? I suppose I should just cross that bridge when I come to it.

OK- I checked. Classes are full. Oh well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least they carry a class. The only one around me is one day a week. In the middle of the day. Like there's no such thing as a working adult that wants to further there funtimes or something.
Keep plugging away or you'll end up like me. Bitter, not so smart, and full of idea's with no outlet or ability.