Wednesday, December 31, 2008

What I Posted on Myspace- NYE

It's been a really long time since I've written anything here- mainly because I've been keeping another: http://stillmanphotography.blogspot.com/

It was my "new year's resolution" to update that every day, but it's just not going to happen- I generally do put up a photo or two for every day... just maybe 5 days later. whatever!

2008 has been a tough year for pretty much everybody. A lot of bad, and a lot of changes... but there have been some good things too. I lost my job, but that left me with money to finally buy my camera, time to go to CA for the first time to see Jon, Lisa and my brother, an open schedule to see my friends and the Neil and basically just enjoy myself.

I moved from Stafford, and I miss my Stafford people quite a bit. I think that everybody is in a better place now though. Now I'm in Brooklyn and reconnecting with the friends I neglected while living a whole 40 minutes away.

The economy sucks. In 21 days Obama will be president, and I have hopes for that. High hopes. Selfish hopes.

Andrew and I are working on a 3-D/ lenticular printing scheme (I mean... we were- and then the holidays hit... ) and set a goal for getting our shite together for an art show in the South End in June 2009.

Kate and I are planning on going to CA in February (depending on Jon's schedule- he won a fantastic contest and will be coming to NY for 6 weeks- road trip!!)

I can not wait to go to NH a couple times this summer... I had a dream about it the other night. And Maine- oh boy. Can't wait.

I can not complain. I am jobless- but my new year's resolution is to start looking. I can only blame myself for not already having a job... but I'm in no rush, and I want to find the right fit.

I've been going to the gym 4-5 times a week and I've never felt better.

Life is good. And it should only get better.

I hope that you all find the good things in your life and focus on what ever they may be. We all have things to be thankful for, and positive aspects of our lives that we can improve upon. It does us no good to focus on negativity. If it's one thing I learned from reading "The Secret" it's that. *jokes!*

Best wishes to all my friends for a very happy New Year!!

No comments: