Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Day 15

Kate brought it to my attention that it was past Wednesday morning. Well. I'm running low on excuses... but I sort of got sick. No really. Yesterday afternoon I slept from 5:15 til 9ish when my mom woke me up because she knew I'd be regretting going to bed that early around 2am or so.

So my dad came over a couple weeks ago to pick me up so we could go for a hike in Hampton. The boy scouts fixed up some trails and it was quite nice. Built some bridges and benches. Good boys. While dad was at the house I pointed out that the ceiling in the kitchen was literally falling apart.

See:


So he went upstairs and checked out the bathroom because that's probably where the leak is coming from... he saw my mom and told her he'd be back to take a look at it again... which he did... today.



That black junk on the floor is the head of the bolt that used to hold the back end of the toilet down. It disintegrated when he touched it. So... that's good. Also you can see the tile is sort of coming up. That's because the floor is completely rotted out there. Pretty awesome!

He wanted to pretend this never happened, back out slowly and hopefully she'll never know. He likened it to stepping in a bees nest and pulling your foot out and staying still and hopefully the bees won't notice. good times.

This is where the concrete is literally rotted. I didn't even know concrete could do that.



Anyway- he's slightly concerned that one of us will end up in the kitchen some day a lot sooner than we had expected, so he's going to try to fix it... if my mom gives him the go ahead...

No comments: