Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Day 2- Mashamoquet

11:30AM: I was supposed to go to Stafford today for a photo-safari of sorts, but the weather isn't great. It's fine for what I want to do today instead, which is go to Mashamoquet and see what I can see. The water levels should be high in the brook and it should be dark and damp there.

My tripod and wireless remote should come in handy today too. I'm pretty psyched about this.

1:30PM: It was super depressing to be at Mashamoquet. Nobody else was there, which was fine with me, but it's still winter there really... the pond is drained, I went up into the pavilion and was creeped out by that. I also forgot my remote, so my long exposures were a failure. Better luck next time. I took the long cut home, up by the Golden Lamb. The clouds were impressive, and there were a few breaks of bright blue sky. And then as I was pulling away, I saw the cross they had put up for the Easter morning Sunrise Service for one of the local churches. The road I was on brought me to my church, so I grabbed a picture of that too. Enjoy!
They don't call it "fisheye" for nothin'...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know what it is about that pavilion but it always creeped me out..

Liz said...

Yeah... well add in abandoned park and me having flashes of some crazy dude in the dark corners... and me thinking to myself, "is this it? is this how i'm going to go out?" as a leaf skipped across the floor...

at least i was with my camera. and i wasn't a failure at life... oh wait... crap.

Unknown said...

*sighhhh* remember when we used to be fun to be around? ahhh the good ole days..

ps. you're still pretty fun to be around.

Jenny Galacar said...

ohh you have a fisheye lense! fun!