Thursday, October 7, 2010

October Musings...

My mother has a policy of not turning on the heat in the house until Thanksgiving. I'm not going to say we've ever made it that far... but... it's like 53 degrees in the house right now. I prefer sleeping in cold air, burrowed in a lot of blankets, but it makes for cold fingers and sleeping in way later than I should.

Especially since what I should be doing is a lot of sewing.

Things are going well in the Aidan's Attic/ Sweet Strap world- I started making guitar straps this week, and they look awesome. My ex-boyfriend still has my guitar that I bought for myself for my 22nd birthday... so I can't actually put one of my straps to use, but whatever!

Also- it's been raining for the last few days, really windy. Which is taking down my pretty autumn colors and ruining the beauty of the season for me. I'm not impressed! I need to get to the orchard and get some cider. None of the orchards around here make apple cider doughnuts though. That's just a crime.

2 comments:

Jenny Galacar said...

we have cider donuts up here....

Liz said...

I know! That's what I was thinking about when I was writing- that fabulous little day trip we took. Was it Russell Orchards?